A number of treatment methods might be used depending on the problem. Treatment can include specific soft-tissue massage and stretch. This could include work onto muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia. The mobility of joints can also be improved using a variety of articulation, traction and osteopathic manipulation techniques where appropriate.
A treatment session is also likely to include advice on how to manage your symptoms and move forward into the longer-term. This is commonly in the form of advice on relieving pain, on exercises and postural care.
Treatment is often gentle and rarely painful. It is quite common to experience some stiffness or soreness following a treatment session. This is a similar feeling to having an exercise workout, it commonly lasts 24 to 48 hours. Some people feel tired after their session, so consider this alongside your other commitments when you book your appointment.
What to expect at your osteopathic consultation
- Your initial visit to Rivermead Osteopaths will last 45-60 minutes.
- A medical case history will be taken, followed by an assessment of position and movement.
- For this, you will be asked to remove some of your clothing (relevant to the area being examined). Please feel free to bring some shorts or leggings to change into if you feel more comfortable wearing these in the session.
- A diagnosis will then be made and a treatment plan discussed. Please ask questions.
- As long as it is appropriate, and you are happy to proceed, as much treatment as possible is carried out in the first visit.
- Follow-up sessions are 30 minutes long. These consist of catch-up, re-examination, treatment and advice as appropriate.
- During the Covid pandemic we are trying to limit the number of people in the room at once. However, if for any reason you feel uncomfortable attending the session alone, it is your right to bring a family member or friend with you.
- Initial osteopathic and/or laser therapy consultation/treatment – 45-60 minutes: £65
- Follow-up osteopathic session – up to 30 minutes: £50
- Follow-up osteopathic session – up to 45 minutes: £60
- Follow-up osteopathic session – up to 60 minutes: £75
- There will be an additional cost to your treatment price of £10 if you add laser therapy to your follow-up osteopathic treatment sessions. Stand-alone follow-up laser therapy sessions cost £50.
If you need to cancel your appointment. Please give at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise the session fee will be charged.
TREATMENT PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE
Treatment Sessions – 1 initial consultation (45-60 minutes) and 5 follow up visits (up to 30 minutes) are £283 (if purchased individually the total price would be £315).
IF PURCHASING A TREATMENT PACKAGE, PLEASE NOTE
- Additional sessions of any treatment approach can be purchased separately if required.
- All sessions need to be used within 6 months from the date of purchase and the laser sessions will need to be used in the shorter-term alongside the treatment protocol for this method.
- The appointment lengths stated are the total time you should expect to be in the clinic room.
FOR MAT-WORK PILATES SESSIONS (THESE SESSIONS ARE 60 MINUTES IN LENGTH):
- One-to-one in clinic sessions: £50
- For Pilates mat-work classes. Please get in touch for current class times and availability.
PILATES FOR LOWER BACK PAIN CLASSES RUN IN A SEPARATE LOCATION. THE COST OF THESE IS £60 FOR A 6-WEEK BLOCK.
PILATES FOR MENOPAUSE CLASSES ALSO RUN IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION. THESE COST £12 A SESSION.
- A FREE OF CHARGE PRE-ASSESSMENT IS REQUIRED FOR ALL PILATES SESSIONS.
For more information about Pilates at Rivermead Osteopaths, please follow this link: