We often take our spine for granted. Despite it’s essential role in helping us to move around and protecting vital nerves and organs, unless it causes us trouble we don’t tend to think about it.
Keeping your spine healthy could save you from unnecessary discomfort and keep you doing the things you enjoy.
Regular checks from an osteopath, who can identify and treat problems before they cause serious pain, and advise on exercise and lifestyle, is one way you can care for your back. General considerations are:
- Stay mobile, find an activity you enjoy.
- Consider a specific exercise routine to aid mobility and strength.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water whilst limiting caffeine and alcohol.
- Eat a balanced diet focusing on whole foods.
- Get outdoors.
- Try and maintain a sensible body weight for you.
Try and incorporate the above into your life, and hopefully you can forget about your back.
To give you a head-start, follow this link for some lower back exercises.