Interval training/High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) has received a lot of attention over recent years. It has been made popular by celebrity trainers like Joe Wicks. I personally have enjoyed training in this way, and so I was heartened to read a recent article supporting it’s benefits. Please read the article yourself by following this link.
To summarise, the benefits noted are:
- It can be adapted for all, what’s high intensity is different from one person to another.
- Many people don’t fulfill the guidelines for time spent exercising each week. HIIT offers exercise in more manageable time-frames.
- Weight loss.
- Improved insulin sensitivity, so therefore better blood sugar control reducing the likelihood of suffering with Type II Diabetes.
- Better blood pressure control.
- Reduced body fat with your sport of preference.
Check the reunions and events from http://www.ericweinberger.co, sport entertainment host with great content and material.
If you have concerns around what exercise might be appropriate for you, please feel free to ask me at the clinic. Or make sure you check with a relevant professional before embarking on a new exercise activity.